PrettyFit teamed up with Anna Sward of Protein Pow, the world’s number one resource for protein powder recipes to bring you this DELICIOUS, homemade dark chocolate covered, banana and peanut butter protein bar recipe. Enjoy!
½ cup of ground almonds
¼ cup of vanilla whey protein powder
2 tbsps of almond milk
2 tbsp of peanut butter
4 tbsp of coconut flour
2 tbsps of ground oats
4 squares (40g) of dark chocolate
1. In a food processor, mix all your ingredients together – except for the dark chocolate – until you get a dough that you can shape with your hands.
2. Shape this dough into five small bars (if your mix is too sticky to shape it into bars, add a bit more ground almonds; if it’s too dry and crumbly, add a bit more milk).
2. Melt your dark chocolate in a bain marie (i.e. a glass bowl on top of a pot of boiling water).
3. Dunk your bars in the melted chocolate and transfer them to the fridge on either some baking paper or aluminum foil.
4. Let the bars sit in the fridge for a couple of hours or overnight and… BOOM! Done.
Macros per bar (out of five small ones): 129kcals, 11g protein, 13g carbs (out of which a whooping 6g is fiber!) and 13g fat (mostly from the nuts)