This delicious high protein breakfast option delivers 35g of protein with only 3g of fat! Move aside boring oatmeal, protein oatmeal aka proats is here!
Hot Cocoa Protein Oats (Proats) Recipe
- 1/3 cup quick oats
- 2/3 cup water (can use milk of choice as substitute)
- 6 tablespoons 100% liquid egg whites
- Microwave the oats and water 1 min and stir
- Add the egg whites and microwave another 30 seconds.
- Add 1/2 a packet of Light Swiss Miss instant hot cocoa (found at Walmart)
- 1/2 a scoop/packet of PrettyFit Natural Chocolate Protein Powder
- Add a few drops of liquid stevia
- Stir and top with marshmallows & enjoy!!
NOTE: I actually used 2/3 Cup of Fat Free FairLife protein milk instead of water in my proats. (Found at local grocery store and has great macros!) Feel free to use a dairy alternative such as almond milk or just plain water. [You can also do this in a pan over the stove if you’re fancy like that and love extra dishes.]
Macros (not including the marshmallows): 35g of protein! 25g of carbs & 3G of fat!
Tag me on Instagram @JessicaLillianFitness if you try it out! Find more recipes on my blog.