It is my belief that every successful diet includes your favorite foods. Successful diets are sustainable and realistic, so for me, that means that I find a way to eat dessert every single day! Whether it be a cookie, chocolate, ice cream, or a piece of cheesecake, I make sure to fit it into my macros for that day and enjoy it guilt free, knowing that it won’t hurt my progress one bit!
Sometimes my desserts are the super rich, old fashioned ones like my grandma used to make, but most of the time I find a way to make it “macro-friendly”, meaning that I can eat more of it for fewer macros. More “bang for my buck”, so to speak.
One of my favorite macro-friendly desserts right now is protein cheesecake, aka “procheesecake”. This recipe has been floating around social media for a while now, so I figured it should be documented for the PrettyFit blog! It is rich, moist, and satisfies my sweet tooth. Plus, there are endless options when it comes to flavors and toppings, so it never gets old!
The Protein Cheesecake Recipe
This recipe makes a whole cheesecake. I usually cut it into 6 large pieces and the macros end up being 139 calories – 5g fat, 9.7g carbs, 22.9g protein per slice.
I kept today’s recipe super simple, but you can dress it up however you like; Add a Quest bar crust, mix in some chocolate chips, flavor extracts, etc. Don’t be afraid to get creative!
- 2 8oz blocks fat free cream cheese (brought to room temperature otherwise it doesn’t mix easily)
- 2 6oz containers plain nonfat greek yogurt
- 2 whole eggs
- 2 egg whites
- 2 scoops protein of choice
- Sweetener of choice
- Preheat oven to 250* F
- In a blender or food processor, mix all ingredients until completely smooth. Add sweetener until it reaches desired flavor. (You need enough to balance out the tangy yogurt)
- Pour into greased pie pan or baking dish.
- Cover with tin foil and bake for 25-30 minutes, until the edges have set.
- Turn oven temperature up to 350* F and continue baking for an additional 20-40 minutes, until center is no longer jiggly. Time will vary depending on pan used.
- Immediately remove from oven, but keep covered and let cool at room temperature for at least 1 hour before refrigerating.
- Chill and serve with desired toppings. Enjoy!