Summer weather always makes me crave a huge bowl of ice cream! Unfortunately, giant bowls of ice cream and little bikinis don’t exactly go together. Thankfully, I have found a way to satisfy my cravings while watching my waistline– protein soft serve ice cream!
As long as you have a high-powered blender, it gets thick and creamy just like ice cream. And the best part? You can have a huge bowl all to yourself!
For more protein recipes and healthy meal ideas, please head over to my Instagram account.
Protein Ice Cream Recipe
This delicious recipe makes one serving. The macros are: 167 calories, 4g at fats, 10g of carbs, 25g of protein with 4g of fiber.
Learn how to track your macros: IIFYM Explained: A Simple Guide To Flexible Dieting
For this recipe, experiment with different flavors and types of whey protein and see which you like best!
- 1 scoop of any whey protein of your choice
- 1 cup unsweetened almond or cashew milk
- 3/4 tsp xanthan gum*
- tablespoon raw cacao or cocoa powder (try Navitas Naturals Raw Cacao Powder)
- sweetener to taste
- 1-2 cups ice (adjust according to your preferences)
*Note: xanthan gum is a natural thickener that is crucial to this recipe. It can usually be found in the gluten-free baking section of your local grocery store
- In a high powdered blender, combine all ingredients until thick and smooth. You may need to pause and scrape down the sides a few times to get everything incorporated.
- Spoon into a bowl and add toppings if desired. Try adding fresh fruit, nuts or more chocolate.