Here’s what you need to know:
1. There are three BCAAs: leucine, isoleucine and valine. BCAAs account for about 35% of the essential amino acids in muscle proteins, which is why they’re great to supplement alongside a resistance training program.
2. BCAAs are crucial to building muscle, repairing damaged muscle tissue and muscle energy. Having muscle raises and keeps your metabolism high, which is key during a weight loss/fat loss program.
3. Leucine is the most important of the BCAAs in terms of fat loss and building muscle so it’s important to find a product with a high ratio of leucine like PrettyFit BCAA Burn.
4. While substantial BCAA intake can be obtained through proper diet, those on a weight loss or fat loss program are typically on a calorie-restricted diet. BCAA supplementation can help you maintain muscle mass, keep muscular energy levels up, and even build muscle while you are dropping fat.
5. BCAA supplements are best used 30-40 minutes pre-workout and during your workout.
Branched Chain Amino Acids (BCAAs) products are effective supplements to take while on a fat loss or weight loss program. They can help you achieve better results faster by helping you maintain muscle mass while you drop body fat.
Losing body fat is challenging, so if you’re looking to slim down you’ll want all the help you can get. That being said, BCAAs are not a “magic weight loss solution” that’s going to do all the work for you. Effective fat loss programs require resistance training and proper nutrition.
However, when used properly, BCAAs can be a great tool to help get the job done more efficiently. Let’s take a look how…
What are BCAAs and what do they do?
Of these three, leucine has been shown to help signal muscle protein synthesis and can help prevent muscle loss or promote muscle gain. Therefore when looking for a BCAA supplement, look for one like PrettyFit BCAA BURN with a higher ratio of leucine to isoleucine and valine.
For a further look at the best methods to for using BCAAs to get lean, check out “How Fitness Professionals Use BCAAs to Get Lean”
The problem with weight loss and fat loss programs and how BCAA supplements help
All fat loss and weight loss programs have one thing in common; they require a calorie-restricted diet in order to be most effective. That’s right, in order for you to lose weight “energy in” needs to be less than “energy out”.
This means an effective weight loss program will typically call for 250-500 fewer calories daily than your normal intake.
Some problems that come stem from a calorie-restricted diet are:
1. You can lose muscle mass
2. Your energy levels are lower making it more difficult to work out
3. You can get cravings throughout the day due to the calorie restriction
Thankfully, BCAA supplementation can help prevent muscle loss and keep muscular energy levels up. As they make up a large portion of the essential amino acids in your muscles, taking a BCAA supplement pre-workout and generally having high levels of BCAAs in your system can help keep your muscular energy up during workouts and reduce fatigue.
BCAA products like PrettyFit BCAA BURN, which contains BCAAs and other non-stimulating natural fat burning compounds, are also extremely delicious and can help reduce cravings between meals.
Lastly, branched chain amino acids also help your muscles recover faster, allowing you to get back in the gym sooner after a hard workout.
Can’t I get enough BCAAs from my diet?
It’s important to ensure you are getting some BCAAs from your normal diet, and if you’re eating enough protein you are likely getting a fair amount from those protein sources.
However, if you’re struggling to eat enough protein, BCAA supplements are great for maintaining and building muscle. As simply having muscle mass keeps your metabolism firing strong, you can see why BCAAs are so important to your fat loss efforts.
If you are on a calorie-restricted diet to lose body fat, a BCAA supplement (like PrettyFit BCAA BURN) is great to use pre and intra workout. They deliver muscle growing/maintaining abilities without the calories.
So, the best way to use BCAAs for fat loss is one scoop (3g of BCAAs) 30-40 minutes pre-workout, one scoop during or after your workout, and one scoop on rest days.