If you are looking to invest in your health, there is no easier way than to purchase a kettlebell. For about the same amount you would spend on a new pair of sneakers, you can buy a durable and portable piece of fitness equipment that will revolutionize the way you workout.
Benefits of Kettlebell Training
- The off-centered weight of the kettlebell increases the demand placed on your core, stabilizing muscles and proprioception.
- The kettlebell delivers strength, power and endurance training in one neat little package.
- Kettlebell training decreases your risk of injury and helps you fight fatigue and disease.
- An effective kettlebell workout can help boost insulin sensitivity and your metabolism for days!
- Kettlebell training eliminates excuses – if you have 10 minutes and a kettlebell, you can make it happen!
How to Choose the Right Kettlebell
Convinced? Here is how to go about choosing the right kettlebell for you:
Start with a lighter kettlebell and take the time to learn the perfect technique. You will never outgrow your first kettlebell as there are numerous advanced exercises and you will need a lighter kettlebell to perfect your technique. So as you grow stronger and more skilled with the kettlebell, you’ll still want lighter options for the more advanced moves.
If you are in average shape, start with the 8kg (18lb) kettlebell. If you are healthy, fit and regularly strength train, start out with a 12kg (26lb) or 14kg (30lb) kettlebell. The goal will be to work up to the 16kg (35lb) kettlebell.
*Researchers found that most women tend to choose a weight that is well below what is needed to properly stimulate your muscles. Lifting heavy (enough) is the key to the kettlebell training. So, choose a weight that is challenging AND allows you to complete the exercises with perfect form.*